Title

Message

Confirm

<< DiscussionsReply

Can't change Wallpapers with DisplayFusion

Shinji1
5 discussion posts
I created a new profile with DF 9.8 and tried applying it, but I always get the same error message:

Code



Tried rebooting and reinstalling but neither did help. Thanks in advance for any kind of help!
16 days ago  • #1
JosephBooth
1 discussion post
Hello, ZBar will help you to choose separate wallpapers for every screen or a single image across all of them.
15 days ago  • #2
Shinji1
5 discussion posts
Quote:
Hello, ZBar will help you to choose separate wallpapers for every screen or a single image across all of them.


Thanks, this would be my second option since I use DisplayFusion everyday and I'd like to use the built-in feature. Even installed version 10.0 (Beta 2) a few minutes ago, but unfortunately got the some error.
15 days ago  • #3
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

Strange, so you can manually set the settings you want and save the profile, but it throws an error when trying to load it?

Thanks!
15 days ago  • #4
Shinji1
5 discussion posts
Quote:
Hello,

Strange, so you can manually set the settings you want and save the profile, but it throws an error when trying to load it?


Yup, exactly. Saved some profiles but they always fail after trying to apply them. Doing it via the taskbar symbol isn't doing anything at all, not even giving me an error message.

Thank you for your answer!
15 days ago  • #5
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

Could you send me over a debug log? Here are the steps:

  • On the DisplayFusion Settings > Troubleshooting tab, change the Logging drop-down to "L1: Log Minimal" and click Apply
  • Reproduce the issue and note the time so we'll know where to check in the log file
  • Click the "Export Info to File" button on the Settings > Troubleshooting tab
  • Reply with the file attached
  • Disable debug logging after sending the log

Thanks!
14 days ago  • #6
Shinji1
5 discussion posts
Quote:
Hello,

Could you send me over a debug log? Here are the steps:


Hi there, I've just attached the debug log (9:48:53). There seems to be a problem with nvsmartmaxapp64.exe which seems to be not running. Tried to start it manually and got the following error message in DF:

Code



I chose Yes but nothing changed.

I use a three monitor setup of which two are splitted with DF. Tried reducing it to one monitor without splitting but got the same error.

Thanks in advance for any help!
• Attachment [protected]: DisplayFusionDebugInfo.zip [28,475 bytes]
14 days ago  • #7
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

We want that nvsmartmaxapp process disabled, as it can cause issues with taskbar splitting.

GDI errors are typically caused by images that DisplayFusion can't open. Can you try saving your profile with a different image, and see if the issue persists?

Thanks!
11 days ago  • #8
Shinji1
5 discussion posts
Quote:
Hello,

We want that nvsmartmaxapp process disabled, as it can cause issues with taskbar splitting.

GDI errors are typically caused by images that DisplayFusion can't open. Can you try saving your profile with a different image, and see if the issue persists?

Thanks!


I even tried it without any wallpaper ("Solid Colour") and it doesn't work either.
10 days ago  • #9
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

Can you open up the DisplayFusion Advanced Settings window and set the "Generate Smaller Files (Lower quality)" setting to "Smaller files will be generated" and see if that helps after re-saving your profile?

Thanks!
7 days ago  • #10
gurusattaking12
1 discussion post
nice
1 hour ago  • #11
Was this helpful?    
<< DiscussionsReply