Processing Ajax...

Title
Close Dialog

Message

Confirm
Close Dialog

Confirm
Close Dialog

Confirm
Close Dialog

User Image
Rob UK
12 discussion posts
When using a dual moniitor setup and DF 5.1, when clicking the left hand monitor "Aero Peek" button (on the 'actual' Windows 7 taskbar) all open windows minimise.

When clicking the right hand monitor "Aero Peek" button (on the 'Display Fusion' taskbar) only the open windows on the left monitor minimise, not the right hand monitor

Is there a setting to enable this or can this feature be added?
Sep 4, 2013  • #1
User Image
NetMage
281 discussion posts
On Win7 with DF 5.1 mine does not behave that way - both taskbars minimize all windows.

It would be a neat option though.
Sep 4, 2013 (modified Sep 4, 2013)  • #2
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
@Rob113: That's definitely not supposed to happen :). Which Taskbar Mode do you have selected on the Settings > Taskbar tab?

@NetMage: We do have a feature request on our list for the ability to do "Show Desktop" on only the current monitor :)
Sep 5, 2013  • #3
User Image
Rob UK
12 discussion posts
Quote:
@Rob113: That's definitely not supposed to happen :). Which Taskbar Mode do you have selected on the Settings > Taskbar tab?


"All Taskbars show relevant windows"

I have just updated to 5.1.1 BEta 2 and the same happens (ie the second monitor "Show Desktop" does nothing and the original Show Desktop (on the 'proper' Win7 taskbar only minimises theat screen's windows.
Oct 11, 2013  • #4
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Ok, would you happen to be running a program called Stardock Fences?
Oct 11, 2013  • #5
User Image
Rob UK
12 discussion posts
Yes! Is there an incompatability, and ideally a fix?
Oct 11, 2013  • #6
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
There is an incompatibility, and the workaround is to make sure that Fences launches after DisplayFusion. It has to do with the hook chain and integrity levels (I can provide more technical details if you like). There's a utility called Startup Delayer (link below) that allows you to set the order the programs startup, so that should help work around the issue :)

http://www.r2.com.au/page/products/show/startup-delayer/

Thanks!
Oct 11, 2013  • #7
User Image
Rob UK
12 discussion posts
Quote:
There is an incompatibility, and the workaround is to make sure that Fences launches after DisplayFusion. It has to do with the hook chain and integrity levels (I can provide more technical details if you like). There's a utility called Startup Delayer (link below) that allows you to set the order the programs startup, so that should help work around the issue :)

http://www.r2.com.au/page/products/show/startup-delayer/

Thanks!


I tried installing that, but Fences doesn't appear to be launched either as a service, registry or startup entry. I assume its a DLL/other.

Is there anyone else who is successfully using the most up to date versions of both Fences and DisplayFusion?
Oct 13, 2013  • #8
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Strange! Which version of Fences are you using? I've got the latest (2.11), and it shows up under the "Normal Startup" section in Startup Delayer.
Oct 16, 2013  • #9
User Image
Rob UK
12 discussion posts
Quote:
Strange! Which version of Fences are you using? I've got the latest (2.11), and it shows up under the "Normal Startup" section in Startup Delayer.


I'm running Fences 2.10 On Windows 7. Is Fences on the System Services, Running Tasks or Startup Applications tab? Its not visible on any of them.

Can you send a screenshot of Startup Delayer so I can see what I need to duplcate?
Oct 17, 2013  • #10
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Ok, my bad. Even though Startup Delayer showed an entry for Fences, that doesn't appear to be what's actually launching Fences. It looks like Fences is just a DLL loaded into explorer.exe via a Shell Extension.

So, unfortunately you won't be able to delay Fences so that it starts after DisplayFusion, sorry for the wild goose chase :(

We have an idea on how this issue could be resolved, but we'd need to work with the Stardock devs as it would require changes to their code as well. I'll post an update if we're able to work something out with them!

Thanks!
Oct 17, 2013  • #11
User Image
Rob UK
12 discussion posts
Quote:

We have an idea on how this issue could be resolved, but we'd need to work with the Stardock devs as it would require changes to their code as well. I'll post an update if we're able to work something out with them!

Thanks!


Hi Keith,

Any update on this issue? Through a bit more testing, it seems that Win+M minimises BOTH screens. Is there any way to use this feature or provide an option to mimic Win+m on mouseover/click?
Apr 16, 2014  • #12
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
That may be possible. We'll investigate a bit further to see if we could use that as a work around. Thanks!
Apr 17, 2014  • #13
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
@Rob: Ok, it doesn't look like using Win + M as a work around will be reliable, but I've just tested this issue out again with Fences 2.12 and DF 6.0 Beta 5, and I can't reproduce it any more. Are you still having the issue of only the applications on the Primary monitor hiding when clicking Show Desktop with Fences 2.12 and DF 6.0 Beta 5?
May 5, 2014  • #14
Subscribe to this discussion topic using RSS
Was this helpful?  Login to Vote(-)  Login to Vote(-)