Title

Message

Confirm

<< DiscussionsReply

Edge with DF

Stacey Ryan
2 discussion posts
When I multiple tabs in my Edge on my second or third monitor, I have a single icon in the DF taskbar for that monitor but multiple icons showing in the main DF taskbar (one for each tab). This happens even though I have "All taskbars show relevant windows" selected in the settings.
Note that this does not seem to be an issue with Chrome.
Dec 7, 2020  • #1
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
Happening to me here too -- Very difficult to work like this.
Dec 8, 2020  • #2
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
Updated to the latest beta 8 -- still the same problem
Dec 8, 2020  • #3
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

What version of Windows are you currently running?

Thanks!
Dec 8, 2020  • #4
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
Quote:
Hello,
What version of Windows are you currently running?
Thanks!

Win 10 - Version 20H2
Dec 8, 2020  • #5
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

Ah, it sounds like the windows taskbar is displaying edge icons that are on monitors with the Display Fusion taskbar? If so, we have added this as a hotfix for Windows version 20H2. With this version, there seemed to be explorer.exe crashes when taking edge off the main windows taskbar. Microsoft has fixed it up with their latest insider build, so once it's released publicly, everything should be back to normal.

If I misunderstood the problem, just let me know.

Thanks!
Dec 10, 2020  • #6
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
Quote:
Hello,
Ah, it sounds like the windows taskbar is displaying edge icons that are on monitors with the Display Fusion taskbar? If so, we have added this as a hotfix for Windows version 20H2. With this version, there seemed to be explorer.exe crashes when taking edge off the main windows taskbar. Microsoft has fixed it up with their latest insider build, so once it's released publicly, everything should be back to normal.
If I misunderstood the problem, just let me know.
Thanks!

So what do we do in the the interim to get it to work?
Dec 10, 2020  • #7
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do, aside from waiting till the next Windows release. There's only one Windows API for removing an icon from the Windows taskbar, so the only option we had was to just not remove it from the Windows taskbar.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Dec 10, 2020  • #8
Stacey Ryan
2 discussion posts
I had v9.7.1 installed. I just tried Beta 10 and that seems to have fixed it.
Dec 18, 2020  • #9
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
Weird, i just updated to beta 10 and it's still happening. I switched back to Chrome for the time being.
Dec 18, 2020  • #10
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
Which insider build is this fixed on? I just updated to the beta channel and it's still not working while running DF Beta 10
Dec 22, 2020  • #11
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
NM
updating to dev channel works, i have the preview installed and it is in fact fixed there.
Dec 22, 2020  • #12
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
I came here to check on the progress of this bug and it's still outstanding. I updated to the dev channel once again (i have a new PC now) and it's broken again -- are you able to confirm if it was in fact broken at some point? I can't get it working with the dev chan anymore.
Mar 11, 2021  • #13
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

This issue should be fixed up in the latest beta, available here: https://www.displayfusion.com/Download/Beta. Please let me know if you still run into any trouble after updating.

Please note our hotfix will still apply for Windows version 20H2, but it should be fixed up for versions after that.

Thanks!
Mar 17, 2021  • #14
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
Regretfully the issue persists, still have edge on my main taskbar as well as my DF taskbar.
Mar 17, 2021  • #15
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

Strange, I can't seem to reproduce the issue on the Dev channel. I'm running build version 21327, is that the same as yours?

Thanks!
Mar 17, 2021  • #16
Wei Huang
5 discussion posts
Saddly this problem still remains. I came up with the same, everything is uptodate. With beta8.
Apr 13, 2021  • #17
Gabe S
14 discussion posts
Quote:
Saddly this problem still remains. I came up with the same, everything is uptodate. With beta8.

yeah I just gave up and uninstalled the software. I can't be bothered to chase devs down to fix things with their paid software.
Apr 13, 2021  • #18
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

@WeiHuang This is really strange, I still can't reproduce this on my end. What build version of Windows are you currently running?

Thanks!
Apr 16, 2021  • #19
kavmac
2 discussion posts
Quote:
Hello,
@WeiHuang This is really strange, I still can't reproduce this on my end. What build version of Windows are you currently running?!

I'm running the latest beta + 20H2 and it's still an issue, fwiw.
Apr 26, 2021  • #20
Henrich Horváth11340
1 discussion post
I have Windows 10 Pro v19042.928 but this issue is present since forever and also applies to other UWP apps (MS Todo, Calendar, Weather...)
May 8, 2021  • #21
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

Just for clarity, if you are running Windows 10, 20H2 (v19042), it is expected that you will see Edge on both taskbars. If you are running Window 10, 21H1 (v19043) or above, this issue should be fixed up.

@HenrichHorváth11340 As for the issue with UWP apps, that is a separate issue that we do have on our list to look into. I've added your vote to it, so we'll be sure to let you know if we have any news on it in the future.

Thanks!
May 11, 2021  • #22
Wei Huang
5 discussion posts
Quote:
Hello,
Just for clarity, if you are running Windows 10, 20H2 (v19042), it is expected that you will see Edge on both taskbars. If you are running Window 10, 21H1 (v19043) or above, this issue should be fixed up.
@HenrichHorváth11340 As for the issue with UWP apps, that is a separate issue that we do have on our list to look into. I've added your vote to it, so we'll be sure to let you know if we have any news on it in the future.
Thanks!

Yup, just receive 21H1 update today and now this problem is fixed, thank you everybody here.
May 19, 2021  • #23
samwzlim92675
3 discussion posts
Unfortunately, even after receiving the 21H1 update on my Windows 10 pc today, this issue is still present for me. More specifically, I'm facing this issue for a few UWP apps installed from the Microsoft store (Ambie, Notepads, Videotape). I believe this issue only affects UWP apps as all other apps are fine.
May 29, 2021  • #24
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

UWP apps are a different issue that we also have on our list to look into. We'll be sure to post here if we have any news on that in the future.

Thanks!
May 31, 2021  • #25
Was this helpful?  (1)  
<< DiscussionsReply