Processing Ajax...

Title
Close Dialog

Message

Confirm
Close Dialog

Confirm
Close Dialog

Flicker/No Signal issue with monitor configuration feature when changing profile with the TV off

User Image
Sabin
5 discussion posts
I have 3 monitors, one is a C1 Oled. If I turn off the TV and change to a profile using only one monitor, and then return to the original 3 monitor profile WITHOUT opening my TV first, it will completely break the layout and if I try to open the TV after the fact, it will flicker or give me no signal despite visibly being seen as extended into on the display settings.

This forces me to kill the displayfusion app, unplug/replug the HDMI cable while having disconnected the display from the settings and then extend to it again, otherwise the flicker or no signal will not clear out.

I am forced to turn the TV on everytime I want to switch to the 3 monitor profile before, or else I have to do this dance. How can I fix this? I don't want the TV on at all times but I want to enable all 3 so I can turn it on when needed without having to switch profiles. It's extremely tedious
Aug 15, 2022  • #1
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Could you send me two copies of your troubleshooting info, one before you activate the profile and another one after you've activated it? Here are the steps:

  • Open the Settings > Troubleshooting tab
  • Click the "Export Info to File" button
  • Reply with the file attached

Thanks!
Aug 16, 2022  • #2
User Image
Sabin
5 discussion posts
Quote:
Could you send me two copies of your troubleshooting info, one before you activate the profile and another one after you've activated it? Here are the steps:

  • Open the Settings > Troubleshooting tab
  • Click the "Export Info to File" button
  • Reply with the file attached

Thanks!


Here you go, hopefully this is logs from day 1, I don't want to intentionally repeat this bug because it's disconcerning to see the TV flicker as it does

Even just now I did it the "correct way" opening the TV first and while the desktop extended properly I was getting a multi-color band on the lower half of the TV flickering, you know those oldschool CRT vertical color bands when signal is dead or something.

I had to turn off and on the tv to clear it
• Attachment [protected]: DisplayFusionDebugInfo.zip [33,221 bytes]
Aug 16, 2022  • #3
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
I've attached a link below to roll back to v9.5. Can you try that out and let me know if the issue persists?

Thanks!

v9.5: https://www.binaryfortress.com/Data/Download/?DownloadID=468541db-df1d-4c92-9bde-4087c291f656&Log=0
Aug 17, 2022  • #4
User Image
Sabin
5 discussion posts
Quote:
I've attached a link below to roll back to v9.5. Can you try that out and let me know if the issue persists?
Thanks!
v9.5: https://www.binaryfortress.com/Data/Download/?DownloadID=468541db-df1d-4c92-9bde-4087c291f656&Log=0

Hey, so this makes DisplayFusion throw a "Failed to call SetDisplayConfig [HR:87]" error if the TV is off which is much better than the TV going wild, so in the event I don't open the TV first i'm not in trouble.
I don't have a choice to open the TV first it seems, the HDMI signal gets lost when powered off, so this works for me.
It also seems the monitor layout time to update is much faster, usually it flashes like twice as it struggles to extend display, this is smoother.
Is this something that's going to get fixed upwards to the latest version if deemed a bug? Do you need me to provide logs or the same report as last time?
Thanks!
Aug 17, 2022 (modified Aug 17, 2022)  • #5
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
No need for a log yet, we're making some monitor config changes for the next beta that may help here. We'll let you know when it's ready to test out.

Thanks!
Aug 24, 2022  • #6
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
We've just released a new beta that includes some changes here. Can you try it out and let me know if the issue persists? Here's the link: https://www.displayfusion.com/Download/Beta/

Thanks!
Sep 1, 2022  • #7
User Image
Sabin
5 discussion posts
Quote:
We've just released a new beta that includes some changes here. Can you try it out and let me know if the issue persists? Here's the link: https://www.displayfusion.com/Download/Beta/

Thanks!


Hey there, it's still doing the same thing, struggling to open up and then flickering the TV over and over
Sep 6, 2022  • #8
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Thanks for testing that out. v9.5 uses an old method to set the monitor configuration. Unfortunatley it isn't something we can revert back to, but we do have this on our list to look into, and see if we can implement something to fix these issues up. I've added your vote to it, so we'll be sure to let you know if we have any news on it going forward.

Thanks!
Sep 7, 2022  • #9
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

We've made some changes to our monitor configuration code that should fix this up in our latest beta, as described here: https://www.displayfusion.com/Discussions/View/monitor-configuration-backend-completely-revamped-in-displayfusion-100-beta-18/?ID=b17dacd1-0611-48c1-a29c-3a3e5046812a

Please let me know if you run into any issues after updating.

Thanks!
8 days ago  • #10
User Image
Sabin
5 discussion posts
Quote:
Hello,

We've made some changes to our monitor configuration code that should fix this up in our latest beta, as described here: https://www.displayfusion.com/Discussions/View/monitor-configuration-backend-completely-revamped-in-displayfusion-100-beta-18/?ID=b17dacd1-0611-48c1-a29c-3a3e5046812a

Please let me know if you run into any issues after updating.

Thanks!


Hey, thanks for the follow through I appreciate that big time. I just tested it now and it seems to behave just as it does with 9.5, so no more issues if the TV is closed & fully "powered off". It allows me to change layouts and nothing seems to conflict like it did before with zero flickering nor having have the TV open as mandatory before switching layouts, so basically tl:Dr it's looking good!
7 days ago  • #11
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Glad to hear, thanks for the feedback!
7 days ago  • #12
Was this helpful?  Login to Vote(-)  Login to Vote(-)