Title

Message

Confirm

<< DiscussionsReply

Loading saved Window Position not loading ?

Avatar from Gravatar.com
Chris Rotter
110 discussion posts
I have a Window Position Profile but when attempting to load that position by means of loading the saved Window position for the monitor which the window position were saved; those windows do not load the their saved position ?
Jul 7, 2020  • #1
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
You're loading the profile manually? Or is it assigned to a monitor profile?
Jul 8, 2020  • #2
Avatar from Gravatar.com
Chris Rotter
110 discussion posts
Quote:
You're loading the profile manually? Or is it assigned to a monitor profile?


I'm loading the profile manually by means of; window position profiles.
Jul 8, 2020  • #3
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Ok, thanks! And none of the windows restore at all? Or do some work and some don't?
Jul 10, 2020  • #4
Avatar from Gravatar.com
Chris Rotter
110 discussion posts
Quote:
Ok, thanks! And none of the windows restore at all? Or do some work and some don't?


None of the Windows restore.
Jul 11, 2020  • #5
Jon Tackabury (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
If you re-save the profile, move one window, then re-load the profile does that one window move back? Thanks!
Jul 13, 2020  • #6
Avatar from Gravatar.com
Chris Rotter
110 discussion posts
Quote:
If you re-save the profile, move one window, then re-load the profile does that one window move back? Thanks!


Since starting this issue, I re-arranged the window; then set the window position exactly how I want, it works; but if I reposition one of the windows, the profile doesn't work, it's as if it cannot remember the position set in the profile ?

Is there any way to get a profile to load a program if it's not loaded ?

If I close one of the programs and re-open the program and attempt to load the profile, it doesn't work ?
28 days ago (modified 28 days ago)  • #7
Jon Tackabury (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
That's very strange, can you give the newly released DisplayFusion beta a try? It has a number of fixes for the Window Position loading:
https://www.displayfusion.com/Download/Beta/

Thanks!
28 days ago  • #8
Avatar from Gravatar.com
Chris Rotter
110 discussion posts
Quote:
That's very strange, can you give the newly released DisplayFusion beta a try? It has a number of fixes for the Window Position loading:
https://www.displayfusion.com/Download/Beta/

Thanks!


Same problem with the beta ?
28 days ago  • #9
Jon Tackabury (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Just to confirm, you arrange your desktop windows, save a new Window Position profile. Then move the window and try to load that profile and the window doesn't move back to where it should in the profile?

As for opening closed apps, DisplayFusion won't open an app that isn't running when loading a profile.
26 days ago  • #10
Avatar from Gravatar.com
Chris Rotter
110 discussion posts
Quote:
Just to confirm, you arrange your desktop windows, save a new Window Position profile. Then move the window and try to load that profile and the window doesn't move back to where it should in the profile?


Yes, that is correct.
26 days ago  • #11
Jon Tackabury (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
When you save the Window Position Profile with the Settings window open, what happens if you click the Apply button, then try loading the profile? Thanks!
22 days ago  • #12
Avatar from Gravatar.com
Chris Rotter
110 discussion posts
Quote:
When you save the Window Position Profile with the Settings window open, what happens if you click the Apply button, then try loading the profile? Thanks!


Saving the Windows Position profile from within Setting Window, works without problems. Therefore could there be a bug when saving a Windows position profile from the Display Fusion icon in the Windows Action center ?

Edit:
I included a log file, after a few hours I noticed there is a problem with one window loading when loading window position profiles; hopefully the log can reveal the issue which is occurring.
• Attachment [protected]: DisplayFusion.log [1,474,774 bytes]
15 days ago (modified 15 days ago)  • #13
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Thanks for the debug log! In the log, it looks like the only windows that matched were Chrome windows. Could you attach a backup of your settings? (Settings > Options > Export)

Thanks!
14 days ago  • #14
Avatar from Gravatar.com
Chris Rotter
110 discussion posts
Quote:
Thanks for the debug log! In the log, it looks like the only windows that matched were Chrome windows. Could you attach a backup of your settings? (Settings > Options > Export)

Thanks!


Odd why the logs are showing Chrome Windows as matching, when it was only Visual Studio Code which matched; Chrome Windows failed to match, successfully.
• Attachment [protected]: CDisplayFusionbackup.reg [411,536 bytes]
14 days ago  • #15
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Ah my bad, you're right, it was VS Code, I made a mistake when I looked at the Window Class and it said "Chrome_WidgetWin_1." VS Code is built on Electron I believe so that makes sense

Thanks for attaching your settings, I'll do some further testing with them next week and see what I can find out.
12 days ago  • #16
Avatar from Gravatar.com
Chris Rotter
110 discussion posts
Quote:
Ah my bad, you're right, it was VS Code, I made a mistake when I looked at the Window Class and it said "Chrome_WidgetWin_1." VS Code is built on Electron I believe so that makes sense

Thanks for attaching your settings, I'll do some further testing with them next week and see what I can find out.


Any progress with the testing ?
13 hours ago  • #17
Was this helpful?  Login to Vote  Login to Vote
<< DiscussionsReply