Processing Ajax...

Title

Message

Confirm

Confirm

Confirm

Confirm

Are you sure you want to delete this item?

Confirm

Are you sure you want to delete this item?

User Image
disulfiram
5 discussion posts
I tried finding a solution to this problem but I couldn't so here goes:

Since recently my desktop profiles no longer work, because whenever I do whatever change it resets the refresh rate of one of the displays to 60hz which prompts the monitor to display an "incompatible input" message. Even when switching profiles the refresh rate resets to 60. For whatever reason after the latest video card driver update, this monitor works only at 59hz so I assume this issue was always there, but it's exposed just now because of the video card driver update.

I am on Windows 10, using Display Fusion 10.1.2
May 11, 2024  • #1
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Could you send me over a debug log? Here are the steps:

  • On the DisplayFusion Settings > Troubleshooting tab, change the Logging drop-down to "L1: Log Minimal" and click Apply
  • Reproduce the issue and note the time so we'll know where to check in the log file
  • Click the "Export Info to File" button on the Settings > Troubleshooting tab
  • Reply with the file attached
  • Disable debug logging after sending the log
May 13, 2024  • #2
User Image
disulfiram
5 discussion posts
Debug info attached as requested. Event occured between 1815 and 1820 local time.

I had all 3 displays working in the current profile. Display 3 was set to 59hz
Then witched to TV profile (the TV is the display that's experiencing the problem) This imediately "broke" the signal to the TV. Display 3 is set to 60hz
Finally I clicked the "revert" button on the prompt to switch back to my previous settings and display 3 now is not working and the refreshrate is set to 60hz

Edit: I can provide other scenarios as well. Virtualy any change in the "Monitor Configuration" (save for setting the refreshrate on display 3 to 59hz) resets the refreshrate on display 3 to 60hz
• Attachment [protected]: DisplayFusionDebugInfo.zip [117,676 bytes]
May 13, 2024 (modified May 13, 2024)  • #3
User Image
disulfiram
5 discussion posts
Quote:
Could you send me over a debug log? Here are the steps:

  • On the DisplayFusion Settings > Troubleshooting tab, change the Logging drop-down to "L1: Log Minimal" and click Apply
  • Reproduce the issue and note the time so we'll know where to check in the log file
  • Click the "Export Info to File" button on the Settings > Troubleshooting tab
  • Reply with the file attached
  • Disable debug logging after sending the log


Did you have time to look over the log? Did I provide the correct information?
May 15, 2024  • #4
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
We have some changes coming in our next beta that should help here, we'll let you know once it's released to test out.

Thanks!
May 17, 2024  • #5
User Image
disulfiram
5 discussion posts
Quote:
We have some changes coming in our next beta that should help here, we'll let you know once it's released to test out.

Thanks!


Thank you for the response. I'll be waiting. Cheers!
May 19, 2024  • #6
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
We've released a new beta, can you try it out and let me know if the issue persists?
18 days ago  • #7
User Image
disulfiram
5 discussion posts
Quote:
We've released a new beta, can you try it out and let me know if the issue persists?


After your previous message I installed Beta 4 and it was actually working pretty well. Beta 5 breaks things a bit again. My setup is with 3 monitors and switching between profiles now leaves some black rectangles around some of the screens and in one case I simply can't disable a monitor in a certain profile... It's total chaos. BUT the refresh rate does not reset so I am able to use all my monitors, even if it's not optimal at the moment.

Hope you guys work on the consistency in future updates!
12 days ago  • #8
Subscribe to this discussion topic using RSS
Was this helpful?  Login to Vote(-)  Login to Vote(-)