Title

Message

Confirm

<< DiscussionsReply

Video as wallpaper issues 2021 [WIN10]

francescoprimo
9 discussion posts
I know that you discussed many times on this argument but I followed each guide showed on this forum.
I am having issues using videos as wallpapers, the problem generates a black screen with no movement, I am using windows 10 with all updates installed, and graphics drivers fully updated. If you require a full computer spec log, I will provide one.
-VERSION OF DISPLAY FUSION
Display Fusion Pro 9.8
-WINDOWS VERSION
Windows Pro 10 2009 (10.0.19042) - 64 BIT
-GPU
AMD RADEON R7 250
- I use 5 monitors, connected with HDMI ---> ethernet --> HDMI to pc (images work but video doesn't work)
- I installed CCCP codec pack - 64 bit version
- I attached DisplayFusion INFO debug
• Attachment [protected]: DisplayFusionDebugInfo.zip [28,787 bytes]
• Attachment [protected]: Info.txt.txt [180,693 bytes]
Aug 1, 2021  • #1
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

Could you send over a video that isn't working, so I can test it out on my end?

Thanks!
Aug 4, 2021  • #2
francescoprimo
9 discussion posts
Hello .
This is the video that I used. The resolutions of monitors are 1600x900
• Attachment [protected]: 20210808_141314.jpg [2,571,215 bytes]
• Attachment [protected]: 20210808_141320.jpg [2,813,119 bytes]
• Attachment [protected]: Apocalyptic.mp4 [7,807,367 bytes]
Aug 8, 2021 (modified Aug 8, 2021)  • #3
Owen Muhlethaler (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Hello,

Thanks for sending that over. I tested it out on my end, and it seemed to work fine. Can you try using the codec pack found in our guide here? https://www.displayfusion.com/Discussions/View/my-videos-wallpaper-source-faq/?ID=0b20533d-7081-440d-9214-31c5e8de190a

Thanks!
Aug 9, 2021  • #4
francescoprimo
9 discussion posts
Hello Owen,
but it is still not working
I followed each step
ps.
I don't have any audio card, perhaps is this the reason...but I don't know
• Attachment [protected]: 1.png [41,486 bytes]
• Attachment [protected]: 2.png [5,997 bytes]
• Attachment [protected]: 3.png [2,160 bytes]
• Attachment [protected]: 4.png [38,933 bytes]
Aug 16, 2021 (modified Aug 16, 2021)  • #5
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
If you try to play the video in Windows Media Player, does it play there?
Aug 16, 2021  • #6
francescoprimo
9 discussion posts
Quote:
If you try to play the video in Windows Media Player, does it play there?

Of course Keith ! if you want I can do a screen video to demonstrate it.
I can't understand why I've this problem.
Aug 17, 2021 (modified Aug 17, 2021)  • #7
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Yeah, it's really strange indeed! Would you be able to send a debug log?

  • On the DisplayFusion Settings > Troubleshooting tab, change the Logging drop-down to "L1: Log Minimal" and click Apply
  • Try to apply the video wallpaper and note the time so we'll know where to check in the log file
  • Click the "Export Info to File" button on the Settings > Troubleshooting tab
  • Reply with the file attached
  • Disable debug logging after sending the log

Thanks!
Aug 17, 2021  • #8
francescoprimo
9 discussion posts
Quote:
Yeah, it's really strange indeed! Would you be able to send a debug log?
  • On the DisplayFusion Settings > Troubleshooting tab, change the Logging drop-down to "L1: Log Minimal" and click Apply
  • Try to apply the video wallpaper and note the time so we'll know where to check in the log file
  • Click the "Export Info to File" button on the Settings > Troubleshooting tab
  • Reply with the file attached
  • Disable debug logging after sending the log
Thanks!

Hi Keith , this is the Log file . please help me
Thank you
• Attachment [protected]: DisplayFusionDebugInfo.zip [88,308 bytes]
Aug 25, 2021  • #9
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Thanks! I do see some errors in the log related to the video wallpaper but I'm not sure what they mean. I will pass this over to our developers to get their input and keep you posted, likely early next week.

Thanks!
29 days ago  • #10
francescoprimo
9 discussion posts
Quote:
Thanks! I do see some errors in the log related to the video wallpaper but I'm not sure what they mean. I will pass this over to our developers to get their input and keep you posted, likely early next week.
Thanks!

Thank you so much for your help!
I wait the response from developers
25 days ago (modified 25 days ago)  • #11
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Looks like we will need to add some more logging info for the next beta. We have an idea of what the issue might be, but we'll need the extra logging to confirm. I'll let you know when it's available so that you can grab an updated log.

Thanks!
23 days ago  • #12
francescoprimo
9 discussion posts
Quote:
Looks like we will need to add some more logging info for the next beta. We have an idea of what the issue might be, but we'll need the extra logging to confirm. I'll let you know when it's available so that you can grab an updated log.
Thanks!

ok!
22 days ago  • #13
francescoprimo
9 discussion posts
Quote:
Looks like we will need to add some more logging info for the next beta. We have an idea of what the issue might be, but we'll need the extra logging to confirm. I'll let you know when it's available so that you can grab an updated log.
Thanks!

Hi Keith
do have news for the new beta that will be released?
I would to ask you:
when I'll install it, how can I load the old settings?
They are so important, because If the beta will not work I'll need to come back to the current version that I use for my company and I'll reload the current settings.
I can't loose settings because if I'll loose them I'll be in trouble.
Thanks for your help
12 days ago (modified 12 days ago)  • #14
Was this helpful?    
<< DiscussionsReply