Save up to 50% off any of our desktop apps in our 2021 spring sale, including
DisplayFusion, ClipboardFusion, FileSeek, LogFusion, TrayStatus, and VoiceBot!

Title

Message

Confirm

<< DiscussionsReply

Window Buttons Not Matching Windows UI

auwilliams
7 discussion posts
How can I make the DisplayFusion window buttons match the Windows 10 UI? They currently look low-resolution and don't match the height of the minimize, maximize, and close buttons. I also use Groupy and they're able to add a + button which matches the UI perfectly. It should be possible to increase the quality of the DisplayFusion buttons as well.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about while using FireFox. Thanks.
• Attachment: Untitled.png [1,539 bytes]
Untitled.png
Untitled.png
Jul 2, 2020  • #1
auwilliams
7 discussion posts
I've attached a mockup of what I think they should look like. I'm not an artist but it illustrates the button matching the existing Windows buttons in color, style, size, and spacing.
• Attachment: Untitled.png [2,114 bytes]
Untitled.png
Untitled.png
Jul 2, 2020  • #2
auwilliams
7 discussion posts
Bumping this because this forum moves surprisingly fast. Is there a better place to post requests / suggestions?
Jul 3, 2020  • #3
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
We'll likely refresh them some day, but there are a ton of titlebar button images in DF that would need to be updated.

However, in your screenshot, there's definitely something weird going on with the alignment and size of the titlebar button. Could you send me a copy of your troubleshooting info? Here are the steps:

  • Open the Settings > Troubleshooting tab
  • Click the "Export Info to File" button
  • Reply with the file attached

Thanks!
Jul 7, 2020  • #4
auwilliams
7 discussion posts
Quote:
However, in your screenshot, there's definitely something weird going on with the alignment and size of the titlebar button. Could you send me a copy of your troubleshooting info?
Thanks for the reply Keith. The titlebar button appears that way in most applications besides Explorer.

I've attached the troubleshooting dump as requested — let me know if there's anything else I can provide.
• Attachment [protected]: DisplayFusionDebugInfo.zip [23,046 bytes]
Jul 7, 2020 (modified Jul 7, 2020)  • #5
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Could you tell me what your monitor scaling level is set to in the Windows display settings?
Jul 9, 2020  • #6
auwilliams
7 discussion posts
Quote:
Could you tell me what your monitor scaling level is set to in the Windows display settings?
I've attached screenshots of my display settings.
• Attachment: a.png [181,495 bytes]
a.png
a.png
• Attachment: b.png [17,531 bytes]
b.png
b.png
Jul 9, 2020  • #7
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Perfect, thanks! If you restore the Firefox window, so it's not maximized, do the buttons line up a bit better then?
Jul 10, 2020  • #8
auwilliams
7 discussion posts
Quote:
Perfect, thanks! If you restore the Firefox window, so it's not maximized, do the buttons line up a bit better then?
It's much better. There's a few pixels of whitespace on the bottom but it's improved vertically. Horizontally still has a large gap between the DisplayFusion and Windows buttons.

I've attached an image that I spliced together showing their accurate locations while highlighting two buttons to show their boundaries.
• Attachment: Untitled.png [6,990 bytes]
Untitled.png
Untitled.png
Jul 10, 2020  • #9
Keith Lammers (BFS)'s profile on WallpaperFusion.com
Thanks! So the issue with Firefox and some other apps, is that when they're maximized, they don't shrink their titlebar like standard windows (e.g. File Explorer) do. So DF adjusts the buttons for what should be the shorter titlebar height, but it's not actually needed.

I've put this on our list to investigate further, to see if there's a way we can work around that.

As for the horizontal gap, that's intentional, to keep them somewhat separate from the standard caption buttons

Thanks!
Jul 10, 2020 (modified Jul 10, 2020)  • #10
auwilliams
7 discussion posts
Quote:
Thanks! So the issue with Firefox and some other apps, is that when they're maximized, they don't shrink their titlebar like standard windows (e.g. File Explorer) do. So DF adjusts the buttons for what should be the shorter titlebar height, but it's not actually needed.

I've put this on our list to investigate further, to see if there's a way we can work around that.

As for the horizontal gap, that's intentional, to keep them somewhat separate from the standard caption buttons

Thanks!
Neat, thanks for the explanation and I appreciate you looking into it.
Jul 10, 2020  • #11
Was this helpful?    
<< DiscussionsReply