We're very happy to announce that DisplayFusion 4.2 is now available for download. This version has much improved Windows 8 support, along with many other fixes and improvements.
Notable changes for DisplayFusion 4.2 include the following:
- Taskbar no longer shows in front of Windows 8 Style (formerly "Metro") apps
- Taskbar no longer flickers when Windows 8 Style apps are snapped right/left
- Many other Windows 8 performance and compatiblity fixes
- You can now hold 'Shift' while middle-clicking to move a window to previous monitor instead of the next monitor
- New Advanced Setting: Ignore Monitors (specify monitors that DisplayFusion should ignore for things like 'move to next monitor')
- Resolved some taskbar WindowBlinds issues
- Windows no longer return quickly to their old position when being moved with the Functions (only affected a few apps)
- Many other bug fixes, performance, and stability improvements
We encourage everyone to update to this new version today to take advantage of these improvements. If you've already purchased DisplayFusion, it's a lifetime license, so you can upgrade to this version at no cost! If you would like to see a complete list of all the changes, please visit the DisplayFusion Change Log. We'd like to send out a big thanks to the thousands of people that helped test the Beta versions. Thanks everyone!
Help DisplayFusion get listed in the Steam Store! We would love to have your vote on Steam Greenlight, so that DisplayFusion can become a permanent resident in the Steam Store. Please vote for us on the Steam Greenlight page!
Windows 8: DisplayFusion Taskbar with Start Menu
Windows 8: TitleBar Buttons